A corner steady for a Hobby T500

MoHoSinger replied on 06/05/2024 13:00

Posted on 06/05/2024 13:00

Having been over my newly acquired Hobby T500 with a fine tooth comb (and fettled along the way) there is just one  fault I can find. I have only one corner steady. The other has fallen off somewhere. 

I have had a quick look on Ebay but cannot see anything similar. Has anybody any suggestion where I might find one like this?

Alternatively will something similar fit to the square section tube that is about 6" long and on a simple swing pivot at the top? The one I have is a really heavy brute! Something similar and lighter and even without the quick release would maybe do?

Photos attached. TIA for answers!

Chris

LLM replied on 06/05/2024 15:26

Posted on 06/05/2024 15:26

Have you tried asking on any of the big MH forums.  Motorhome Fun has a members classified section for wants as well as sales.  

Incidentally that looks to be a big heavy brut, I do wonder if something lighter could be fitted.  

As a second thought have you spoken to your local trailer supplier / manufacturer. 

MoHoSinger replied on 07/05/2024 05:36

Posted on 07/05/2024 05:36

Thanks LLM. Having only picked the van up on Friday my first port of call was an email to my dealer alongside posting here. It may just be that the other "brute" is sat on his indoor storage floor while he wonders which van it belonged to!!!

I agree something lighter might make sense unless another of these is easily located. 

My dealer is back today after the BH weekend. I shall first await a reply from him.

I have been viewing Motor Home Fun but have yet to subscribe (I have already paid out more than I intended when purchasing!) This may be the motivation to subscribe. It certainly compares favourably to the arthritic speed on this site which is irritating to say the least!

Being a complete Newbie how essential is it to use the corner steadies? The Hobby T 500 has the familiar layout of a transverse double bed over the garage etc but quite a short wheel base and therefore relatively long overhang behind the rear axle for a 6 metre van. (I have spent the BH weekend making improvements including fitting Fiamma rails to the inner wall of the garage through bolted to hardwood battens in the wardrobe with the super heavy spare wheel now strapped vertically to that inner wall.

https://ikonickampers.co.uk/portfolio-items/9-9-2007-hobby-t500-ford-2-2ltr-tdci-lhd-28995/

P.S. I gleaned much of my knowledge of the strengths  and one vulnerability of the Hobby T500 by reading past posts on the Motor Home Fun site and I am pleased to note that the one major vulnerability was put right under warranty on my Hobby! 

Chris

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook